Born in Burnie 3rd of August 1981,brought up in Darjeeling,West Bengal,India is a Guitarist/Bassist Composer-Arranger and performer.He has been playing guitar since the age of 12.
From an early age exposure to various genres of music ranging from classical, blues, jazz, bluegrass, reggae, country, rock, metal, rap and popular music only added up to the growth in his musicality.The vibrant music scene in Darjeeeling frm the early 60’s/ 70’s till date only adds colour to the musical growth of any person residing in the hills of Darjeeling.Started playing in school bands and various other school functions along with students and teachers alike, his interest later resulted in the pursuit of a career in music as a performer,composer and as a teacher(Guitar and Bass)
Achieventments/Past Professional Teaching Experiences:
• Was awarded 2nd prize in the Kharagpur IIT Spring Fest’1995 perfroming for the Group Requim* Darjeeeling.
• Featured in the allaboutjazz.com online magazine as a upcoming new cohesive Jazzfusion trio from kathmandu 2004(JCS trio)
• Featured in Jazzmmandu Nepal since2001 to 2009 along side various International Artist such as Trilok Gurtu(India),Jesse Van Ruller trio(Holland), Ralph ThomasSaxophone(Chicago/New York), Jamie Baum Quartet(New York), Louis Banks(india), Hannah Vasant Trio(UK), Soulmate((India), Urban Connection(Norway), Catia Werneck(Brasil), Shila Costa(brasil), AfroDizziAct(Australia).
• Featured as a Jazz Guitar/Piano duet in the Nepal Jazz Fest’ 2008 Hyhatt
• Founding member/Guitar Faculty at the Kathmandu Jazz Conservatory Nepal 2008.• Founding member/soloist of the KJC jazz Bigband Nepal along side Mariano Abello(Director of KJC) conducted by Dr.Gene Aitkens(US cultural envoy to Nepal,Northern Colorado University,USA).
• Collaborated with various international musicians on and off music festivals and Concerts such as Sachal Vasandani(jazz singer/songer writer,winner of TheloniousMonk Prize New york) for the April 2006 Jazz Appreciation month organized by the US embassy.
• Collaborated with Cadenza a jazz-funk Fusion group(Nepal) and various Nepali folk/classical musicians for the Concert Jazz at Patan and a recorded album titled Jazz at Patan 2005.
• Collaborated with Cadenza(Nepal) for their first recorded album “Dont mind if we do again”2002.
• Played with Sting((band leader and Composer for the UK based group Police) 2005,Max Lolo(Benin),Matthieu Donareir-saxophone((Paris),Bobby Capp(New york),Natalie Williams(UK),Hannah Vasant Trio(UK) all courtesy of Upstairs Ideas,Jazz UpStairs(Jazz Club) Kathmandu Nepal.
• Collaborated with the Indo-Jazz Fusion Group Karuna Kshetra 2012 with Rainer Pusch saxophone(Germany) and Manickam Yogeswaran-carnatic singer(India-Germany) organised by the Max Muller Bhawan,Delhi 2012 at Delhi IIT, Bfalt Bangalore, Chandigar Engineering college and Jaipur Engineering Campus.
• Guitar teacher at the Elite Co-Ed school,Nagpokhari and Lamatar Kathmandu Nepal 2000 to 2004.
• Teaching and Workshop experience of over 17years with a solid knowledge in Guitar Chords,Scales,Chord voicings/substitution Harmony and Imporvisation.
• Worked under the tutelage of Dr.Gene Aitkens(Music Educator, Composer, Clinician, Performer) and Mariano Abello((Director KJC,Madrid,Spain)
and actively participated for the Teacher’s Training progarm at KJC kathmandu Nepal (2008).